Friday, July 2, 2010

This is what happens at 2 am in the morning...

This is what I was thinking about 2 am in the morning, I must have been hungry:


I tiptoed into a tiny room, then another, then another. It was a maze; I was excited and moved by instinct with no map, except my womanly intuition, of course.

Every room was different. One dark, one noisy, one crowded. One was peaceful and another doubtful (I could tell from the hunched up figure in the room scratching its head – I think that was curiosity).

I found a grocery list had left its respective room and wandered up to the VIP room. In the VIP room morals, freedom, skepticism, and religion were in a heated debate concerning a matter of importance. Interesting I thought, seems to happen everywhere.

I think they were bothered by grocery list’s presence, although benign enough, since food was not on the agenda for that day.

Skepticism curtly told grocery list to try another room if it was bored and did not want to go back to its own room, and suggested it go into the room of desires.

Morals, almost having a hissy fit, objected and insisted that room would just corrupt grocery list.

Freedom on the other hand, looking at the far corner of the room and musing upon something other than grocery list, such a trivial matter it seemed to Freedom, thought grocery list should be bold and try to go in there with its healthy principles and see if it would come out alive.

Religion believed it should avoid temptation and go and do something useful, like read a book on GI foods.

I sort of thought that it was in my best interest for grocery list to take its wandering tush to the exercise room till I could get it back home.

But then again, this was all just in my head.©

2 comments:

  1. VERY GOOD , I LIKED IT , BUT I DIDN'T LIKE THE LAST LINE.
    "But then again, this was all just in my head.©"
    I think you should delete it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last line is meant to have double meaning. The first meaning is the regular use of the expression that I am imaging things - all just in my head.

    The second meaning is that the tiny rooms that I am talking about are in my head - so this whole thing was really in the tiny rooms in my head.

    ReplyDelete